Protocols from 2021 Season:
City officials will continue to conduct some monitoring to ensure everyone follows COVID-19 related rules. If they observe that we are not adhering to the rules, the City could order the Club closed. We therefore encourage you to read the following very carefully and follow them when you are using the Club facilities. We apologize for the details, but it is being done with your safety in mind.
General health precautions
- The City requires that every member self-screen on game day using your cell-phone and the QR Code at the courts or online at the link below.
- You are not permitted to play if you are not feeling well or exhibiting flu-like symptoms, or any known COVID-19 symptoms (including fever, cough, difficulty breathing), or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 and/or flu-like symptoms in the previous 14-days.
- If you have been on the courts and you have tested positive for COVID-19, you must inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should clean and disinfect equipment prior to and after use.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands.
- Carry and use sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content.
- Wear a non-medical mask in public places to help limit the risk of spread to others if you will be within 2 meters of people other than members of your own household.
Facilities and Operations
- The club house will be closed and there will be no access to the Larkin House washrooms (the Walter Baker Centre also remains close). The water fountain outside Larkin House will also not be operating.
- There will be no court attendants and court bookings will be done online (more details to follow).
- You will not have access to the benches by the courts or to the picnic tables on the deck. You can bring your own folding chair.
- There will not be garbage receptacles; you are to remove all garbage and bring it with you.
- We will provide you with a new access code once you have purchased your membership.
- You will be responsible for all sanitization. You should therefore bring sanitizer with you.
- You must be a member of the Club to play. Guests will not be permitted.
- Until further notice, play will be limited to singles with no exceptions.
- There will be no organized women’s groups, house league, junior socials, stroke of the week, etc.
- Baskets of balls will not be permitted and neither will tennis lessons.
- Access is restricted to players. There are to be no spectators.
Before you play:
- You must book online. (A separate email will be coming shortly.) The intent is to prevent situations where people are mingling around while waiting for a court.
- You should arrive about five minutes before you are to play.
- You are not to enter the courts until the prescribed time.
- Because there will no staff on hand, the handle to the door will not be sanitized. You must sanitize it when you enter the courts. You should assume that all common areas have not been sanitized. You should sanitize your hands before entering the courts and upon leaving.
- You must limit congregating with other people when going to and from common areas. If the 2metre distance cannot be maintained, we recommend wearing a mask.
- Maintain a 2 metre separation.
- You must not share equipment, including racquets, water bottles, and other personal items.
- Leave your bag and other items at the back of your court against the fence.
- If you bring a folding chair, leave it at your end of the court.
- If you consider changing ends, rotate clockwise to avoid passing each other.
- You should avoid touching any fixtures (nets, posts). If you touch them, you should disinfect.
- If you are the last player on your side of the courts, you must lock the door.
- There should be no hand shaking or “high-fives”
- Out of courtesy to other players, you should make sure to leave the court on time.
- Make sure you remove all your gear and garbage.
- Make sure to sanitize.
As you know, the situation continues to change by the hour. We will continue to keep you posted by emails and on our website.
Thank you for your patience.
Your Barrhaven Tennis Club Executive
Barrhaven Tennis Club