As you know, the Executive of the Barrhaven Tennis Club (BTC) is comprised entirely of unpaid adult volunteers.
We are one of the largest public tennis facilities in Ottawa, with eight lighted plexipave courts for day and night enjoyment. Membership has exceeded 450 members in recent years. The club offers programs to suit everyone’s tennis needs, level and age, including junior programs, social tennis nights, house leagues, competitive leagues, tournaments and special social events. In addition, the club hosts various children’s camps throughout the summer. The club can only operate effectively with a vibrant and engaged executive.
We are currently looking for volunteers:
Manager – Projects, Facilities and Maintenance.
If you enjoy working with other people and you are a good communicator, you will find these positions very rewarding.
By joining the Executive, you can help to make the Barrhaven Tennis Club a better tennis organization. We guarantee you will find it a fulfilling experience.
You will find additional information on the two positions below.
If you are interested in submitting your name for one or both of these positions, please send us an email with some brief information about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Barrhaven Tennis Club Executive
Job description – Projects, Facilities and Maintenance Manager
The Projects, Facilities and Maintenance Manager is responsible for taking the lead in the following activities:
- Coordinate various projects, such as access to the courts, court resurfacing, etc;
- Ensure that the nets and wind screens are in proper working order and that the courts are safe for play;
- Liaise with City of Ottawa officials as required for tree pruning, replacement of court lights, fence repairs, and various joint projects;
- Conduct small repairs of nets, screens, club house, and shed;
- Attend BTC meetings; (The Executive meets on average four times a year.)
- Ensure that the Club has sufficient volunteers to conduct the spring clean-up – which includes mounting the windscreens, installing the nets, and cleaning the grounds – and to close the club in the fall;
- Work with the Club’s Operations manager to ensure that the courts are clean throughout the summer. (This might require hiring someone to do monthly whipper-sniping around the courts during the tennis season.);
- Arrange for the club to purchase supplies such as garbage bags and cleaning products for the Club House.
- Support the Executive in promoting the club and the sport of tennis.